Next PAC Meeting November 21 6:30 PM
Christmas Market link
PAC Meeting October 17, 2017 6:30 in the Library
Posted Monday, November 14th
Hi JKE Families,
We hope that you’ve all recovered from any chocolate gorging you may or may not have taken part in over this past week. Spooktacular has come and gone for another year. Thank-you to everyone who had a part in making the night a success. We had a few companies partner up with us this year. The Reimer Group from Re/Max donated time and the photo booth. Panago donated a gift basket, The Great Escape donated two entrance passes and a hat and Willowbrook lanes donated six bowling passes. So thank-you to those companies that made the night a little extra special. This year we tried online volunteer booking and I think that on the whole it was a success in making it easier for everyone to help out with Spooktacular. We raised approximately $5800 at this event -so THANK-YOU!
November will see QSP orders being handed back in and Christmas Packages being handed out this week. Your packages will contain Purdy’s, Darvonda, Save On Foods and Fundscrip. These orders need to be in by November 23rd. Please make the cheques payable to JKE PAC and we would like a separate cheque for each order placed (eg. If you order from Darvonda and Save-on Foods please make a cheque for each one). The grade sevens are also doing a fundraiser and the cheques for them need to be made out to JKE not PAC.
The end of the year is nearing and if you are looking for a way to give and receive a tax-receipt you can donate to JKE. Donations can be made at www.langleyschooldistrictfoundation.com and JKE will receive 100% of your donation, but ONLY IF YOU SPECIFY “JAMES KENNEDY ELEMENTARY” in the notes section of the Paypal area.
The month also has our first treat day – Kernels Popcorn. We had a great hot dog day and will have another hot lunch on November 18th – Chopped Leaf and Menchies.
Our PAC meeting for the month of November will be on Thursday, November17th at 9am in the staff room. If hosting a PAC meeting in the morning is successful, we will begin doing it more often so parents who cannot make an evening one have a chance to come out and hear what’s going on in the school.
On November 26th the PAC is pretty excited to host our first ever Christmas Market. We were hoping for at least 30 vendors and as of right now we have about 48 – we are almost full!! Please come out and support local people. It’ll be a great place to do some Christmas shopping or just a great place to buy yourself a little something!
Our fundraising project for this year is Phase 2 of the Primary Playground. If you would like more information on this please come out to the PAC meetings.
We will be hosting another movie night on Friday, Dec. 2nd. We will be playing Pete’s Dragon! Enjoy your day!
Posted Thursday, October 6
Can you believe it’s already October? We’ve had a great start so far to this school year. We have received numerous green forms from people looking to volunteer – so be on the lookout for emails from PAC when we need help.
In September we did our Entertainment book fundraiser and we sold approximately 375 books!! Great job!
We also had our first fruit and veggie day. Each classroom was provided with fresh pears to snack on. Please let your child know that if they would like a piece of fruit but don’t want to eat it at school they can take it home in their lunch kit. Also, if they don’t like something they don’t have to take it.
We also hosted our first movie night of the year, Finding Dory, and WOW we had the biggest crowd out ever. We hope that despite some technical difficulty you all had a great time. We have another movie night coming out the first Friday in December. Stay tuned to find out what we’ll be showing.
October continues to be a full month for PAC. Hopefully, those who want hot lunch have ordered and paid. We have our first hot lunch this month – Montana’s and Cupcakes. Please remember we need parents to come out and help distribute the food. You can come by between 11:30 and 12:00 if you want to help organize the food and 12 if you want to distribute to a class. When you come to help there will be a sign-up sheet so we know which classes are covered. This year we would love for those volunteers who can, to stay till after hot lunch to help collect garbage so teachers aren’t overwhelmed with overflowing bins. Also, we will need people to wipe down each yellow bin with a Lysol wipe.
One of the best parts about October at James Kennedy Elementary School is Spooktacular. Spooktacular is our fall festival. There are carnival games, photo booth, cake walk, 50/50, concession and dance. There are prizes for best costume for preschool, primary and intermediate students as well as for the best family costume. Forms for the tickets will be going home next week. We will also be doing volunteer sign up online this year. Please look for a link to our online sign up in your inbox sometime next week. To make Spooktacular a success we need to fill approximately 170 volunteer slots.
If you ever have any questions or ideas you can email Yvonne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sincerely, JKE PAC
Posted Sunday, September 11, 2016
Posted Sunday, May 8, 2016
Calling all parents to join us on May 18th at 6:30 for the next PAC meeting! Elections to be held and budget to be discussed!
All parents of students at JKE are automatically members of JKE’s Parents Advisory Committee (PAC) and we encourage you to join us at our meetings. The next meeting will be held in the JKE library on Wednesday, May 18 at 6:30. At the PAC meetings we discuss upcoming events and fundraising for the school and give voice to parents’ views on issues at the school or issues affecting the school community. We would love to have you join us!
On May 18th, we will be discussing the PAC budget and fundraising goals for the 2016-2017 school year. PAC fundraising has provided the school with both 25 new laptops and a new Primary Playground this year!
Also at the May 18th meeting, elections will be held for positions on the PAC executive for the 2016-2017 school year. Please join us for the meeting if you wish to put your name forward for an executive position. The various positions and their duties are described below. Even if you don’t want to join the executive, it is still important for you to join us and cast your vote for the PAC executive positions.
The PAC executive positions and their formal responsibilities are below. But don’t let the descriptions intimidate you. The basic responsibilities for each member of the executive are to attend PAC meetings and to participate in meetings and decisions of the PAC executive.
· speak on behalf of the JKE PAC;
· consult with members of the JKE PAC;
· preside at Meetings and executive meetings;
· ensure that an agenda is prepared;
· appoint committees where authorized by the membership or executive;
· ensure that the JKE PAC is represented in School and district activities; and
· ensure that JKE PAC activities are aimed at achieving the purposes set out in the constitution.
· assume the responsibilities of the President in the President’s absence or upon request;
· assist the President in the performance of his or her duties; and
· accept extra duties as required.
· ensure that members are notified of Meetings;
· record and file minutes of all Meetings;
· keep an accurate copy of the constitution and bylaws, and make copies available to members upon request;
· prepare and maintain other documentation as requested by the membership or executive;
· issue and receive correspondence on behalf of the JKE PAC; and
· ensure safekeeping of all records of the JKE PAC.
· be a signing officer (or in the case of co-treasurers, at least one will be a signing officer);
· ensure all funds of the JKE PAC are properly accounted for;
· disburse funds as authorized by the membership or executive;
· ensure that proper financial records and books of account are maintained;
· upon request, report on all receipts and disbursements at Meetings and executive meetings;
· make financial records and books of account available to members upon request;
· have the financial records and books of account ready for inspection or audit annually;
· with the assistance of the executive, draft an annual budget;
· ensure that another signing officer has access to the financial records and books of account in the treasurer’s absence; and
· submit an annual financial statement at the annual general meeting.
· attend meetings of the District PAC and represent, speak, give input, and vote on behalf of the JKE PAC;
· maintain current registration of the JKE PAC with DPAC;
· report regularly to the membership and executive on all matters relating to the DPAC;
· receive, circulate, and post DPAC newsletters, brochures, and announcements;
· receive and act on all other communications from the DPAC; and
· liaise with other parents and DPAC representatives.
· help as required
Parents’ Night Out/Pub Night NEW DATE
Please see our new flyer for all of the details.
CHANGE THE DATE!! THE PAC PUB NIGHT HAS BEEN CHANGED!!
The new date is: SATURDAY APRIL 2nd!!!!
Mark your calendars!!
Parents’ Night Out Pub Fundraiser:
SPOOKTACULAR ORDER FORM
Here is the order form for our upcoming SPOOKTACULAR! Please complete it and return with payment to join in the fun!
- QSP Magazine Subscriptions
Renewing your QSP Magazine subscriptions? Use this online code when renewing to help support the JKE PAC
Online ID: 3701208